Playa in the Grove 2018
Comfort & Joy warmly invites you to the third annual ‘Playa in the Grove’, a fabulous afternoon of art, music, connection and other festivities in partnership with the National AIDS Memorial Grove! For this celebration of our amazing queer community, both in the bay and at Burning Man, we feel the sacred Memorial Grove is the perfect magical space to revel and relax in as we honor our past and envision our future.
This special FREE gathering will feature:
* An orgy of gorgeous interactive displays by local queer artists such as Chickpea (Brian Busta), Mikey Mann, Dot (Tom Schmidt), Neon (Jim Hobson) and Jacob Perkins
* Delightful music by dazzling DJs Collin Bass and Hil Huerta
* Performance and interactive fun by hoop phenomena Liam Ocean
* Facepainting magic by Ismael Acosta and Joshua Katz
* Professional massage therapist Paul Cooper
* Cuddle space curated by Adele and Oki (David Lee)
* Tarot card readings by Avis, and more!
In the collaborative community spirit, the event will also host a delicious POTLUCK so please bring FINGER FOOD (no utensils) to share, as well as your own libations (BYOB), blankets, park fun (flagging, hoops, massage oil, etc) and love. Water and ice will be provided (please bring cups to help reduce waste).
The National AIDS Memorial Grove is a beautiful, sacred space for remembering the millions of Americans touched by AIDS and a place for the queer and allied community to gather and promote healing, learning and understanding. The Grove’s mission is to provide, in perpetuity, a place of remembrance so that the lives of people who died from AIDS are not forgotten.
Donations for the AIDS Memorial Grove and to help cover costs for the event will be welcome - we'll pass around a bucket.
[Event image artwork by Klifford Ganancial]