Glow in the Streets: A Comfort & Joy Castro Block Party
This Halloween/Samhain weekend, Comfort & Joy is back with an even more dazzling Castro block party for our second annual ‘Glow in the Streets’!
Come get your life on the dance floor with booty-shaking beats all evening, compliments of DJs Black, Power Top Ramen, Justime and Hil Huerta [see bios below]
We'll also be serving up amazing art, performances and other festivities throughout the night, including:
- Beautiful visuals from Joshua Katz, Mikey Mann, Steve Dudek and more!
- Wondrous glow delights by the Electric Spectrum LED Circus
- Mama Dora (Dora M Ama) and a gaggle of other fierce drag acts (full line-up TBA)
- Neon face/body paint artistry by Ismael Acosta and Phoenix (Brendan Neff-Hall)
- Roaming photography by our own brilliant Dot (PhotosByDot)
The evening’s finale will feature another spectacular show at 8PM, topped off by a glow extravaganza led by original GayGlo Guerrilla Theater organizer Chickpea and C&J President Ultra. For decades, Gayglo Guerilla Theater acts were an infamous part of Castro’s radical queer culture, shutting down streets and delighting thousands with its amazing blacklite performances. We’re excited to be able to honor this Castro legend and offer you a beautiful night of revelry and community.
Strut your best look and you could win prizes and be chosen as one of this year’s ‘Glow Quings' (queer queen + king)
NOTE: Please no headdresses or other cultural appropriation!